[Zope] status of SOAP, XML-RPC and WebServices support in Zope2

David Shaw david@theresistance.net
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 16:26:05 -0400

> due to pressing needs I need to know what the status of SOAP, XML-RPC
> and
> WebServices support in Zope2 are.

Zope has complete, extensive support for XML-RPC.  It's really quite
amazing.  I wrote an XML-RPC proxy some years ago that lets you proxy
requests from a Zope server to another XML-RPC server (it's on
zope.org).

As far as I know, SOAP is not really supported by Zope directly.  I
suspect it could be added pretty painlessly, since there are some
really nice SOAP implementations in python, but I've not really looked
into it further since XML-RPC works between Java and Zope, and that has
been my only non-python need so far :)