[Zope] Some Q about Zope under Linux

J Cameron Cooper jccooper@jcameroncooper.com
Tue, 08 Apr 2003 18:29:30 -0500

>>> 2. Can I change my url of Zope from http://localhost:8080/portal to
>>> http://localhost/portal ?
>>>
>JCC> You can set this by command-line parameters to z2.py, which is best done
>JCC> by editing your start script. Note that using a priviledged port (80)
>JCC> requires some security wrangling. Read docs/SETUID.txt for more info.
>
>I've tried to edit start script like in Zope - Web Application by
>adding some parameter -w 80, but when I start ZOPE, there is error
>occur, but when I remove -w 80, my ZOPE can start. Can you give me the
>script that makes ZOPE run at port 80?

Hint 1: saying that there was some error message is not nearly as useful
as giving the message itself.

Hint 2: read docs/SETUID.txt as suggested. You have to start Zope as
root to use port 80, but Zope doesn't want to always run as root for
security reasons. Jump through the hoops there (such as adding a -u user
switch, plus directory permissions) and it will probably work.

            --jcc