[Zope] CMF getMemberById and local roles

Etienne Labuschagne elabuschagne@gmsonline.co.za
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 11:57:49 +0200

Hi there,

I created a role called Administrator - for "power" users with not quite
all the rights as a Manager.  I assign this role locally to a user.

In the root folder's security I mark that Administrator must have the right
"Manage Portal" - this is needed by the portal_membership.getMemberById method.

A quick peek in DocFinderEverywhere shows now that both Manager and
Administrator can access getMemberById.

Well, it doesn't work that way :(.  I get the following error:

Error Type: Unauthorized
Error Value: You are not allowed to access getMemberById in this context

When stepping through the Python script that calls this, I can check the
following:

context.portal_membership.checkPermission('Manage Portal',context)
this returns 0, thus saying that I don't have this permission.

What am I doing wrong?  I can't assign a proxy role to the script as it is
a script in a skin folder - scripts in skin folders can't be assigned proxy
roles until the next CMF version.  I can't wait until the next CMF version!

ANY help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Etienne Labuschagne