[Zope] Newbie - exUserFolder

Ashley Lloyd ashleylloyd@hotmail.com
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 11:57:30 +0100

I have Zope 2.5.1, exUserFolder 0.10.10, Win 2k, Interbase Authentication
database.

In my root folder, I have a standard acl_users.
I have a remote database for authentication, in which the passwords are not
encrypted (I don't know if this is my problem - but if it is, I don't know
where the code I need to change for Login is, I have found the code for
update/add user).

I wish to use this database to log users into a site I am developing, and
have been trying to test exUserFolder.

I have a "Test" subfolder (from root), and a "userPages" subfolder of Test.
The exUserFolder instance is in /Test
>From what I have read I believe it is best if the exUserFolder instance is
in a folder closer to root than the pages you wish to protect with it, so
the pages are in /Test/userPages

The exUserFolder instance links to the correct database, and seems to
retrieve the list of users (as listed on the users page of the management
screens), the table and fields for users/passwords/roles have been set up
correctly.
Currently the exUserFolder uses standard basic authentication.
I have changed the security settings for the /Test/userPages folder only for
View, to be accessible to anyone apart from anonymous.

If I attempt to view this index_html, I get the login box, but
username/password combinations from the database do not work, I can only
login with usernames from the acl_users in the root folder.

Also, if I change the Authentication Type to cookie-based, immediately on
updating (after the confirmation screen) in the ZMI, I get a Login page. No
matter what username/password I try (from the database or the root
acl_users) I cannot login. I also cannot view the /Test folder itself
(trying to access it from the ZMI tree) or any subfolders of /Test, but I
can view all other folders, without having to re-enter the password I used
to get into the ZMI in the first place.

Can anyone direct me as to where I am going wrong?

TIA,

Kind regards

Ashley

Overloaded with spam? With MSN 8, you can filter it out
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail&pgmarket=en-gb&XAPID=32&DI=1059