[Zope] MailHost problem

Lennart Regebro lennart@regebro.nu
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 10:10:52 +0200

Aris Santillan wrote:
> hi
> i got this error
> on my mailhost script which is built in on zope
> i got this following error
> *Zope Error*
> Zope has encountered an error while publishing this resource.
> *Error Type: SMTPSenderRefused*
> *Error Value: (550, '5.0.0 Access denied', 'email@localdomain.com)*

Your SMTP server refuses to let you send based on your 'sender', i.e.,
the email-adress 'email@localdomain.com'. Usually, mailserver are set up
to not care about that, so your mailserver is set up rather unusually.
It probably only allows a certain from-domain, and that's not the domain
you are using.

So, you need to change your sendmail config to allow the domain you are
using, or change it in some other way. The standard way is to allow only
deliveries FROM the local network or TO the local domains.

> im using sendmail as MTA

Oh, you like to live dangerously, huh? :)