[Zope] Session transferring problem

Lubos Culen mirsoft@systinet.com
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 16:05:01 +0200

Chris,

thank you very much for detailed answer. I investigated a bit, and I think
the issue is here:

Let's say I have DTML document called 'content' in folder 'document'. Let's
say I have link <a href="testlink">testlink</a> inside this "content"
document.

Now, when I'm accessing *directly* the 'content' document from the web (e.g.
http://www.mysite.com/document/content ), then the link is right encoded
with Zope's session ID, exactly as you explained.

BUT - when I'm accessing this 'content' document *indirectly* (for example,
through some ZPT Page template), then the URL session will not be
maintained. Here is concrete example when this happens: if I create Page
Template at http://www.mysite.com/index_html , which will read the "content"
inside (using <span tal:content="structure here/content"></span>), and if I
will call http://www.mysite.com/document/ , it will display the "content"
document correctly, but the <a href="testlink"> it will translate without
session data. I tried also DTML Methods for templates instead of ZPT, but
the result was the same.

During all the process, I have "Automatically Encode Zope-Generated URLs
With A Browser Id" in browser_id_manager switched off.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Lubos.

http://www.mysite.com/_ZopeId/84525053A0xJuPCpTSI/mydir/other_document ).