[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] What do we want in the way of Zope binary distributions?

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
17 Apr 2003 10:10:20 -0400

I might be tempted to just dump the software home in /opt/Zope-X.X (or
somewhere else suitable) and not bother with putting the mk* scripts
into the a directory on the PATH (just keep them in sw_home/bin).  Then
again, it would be kinda nice to just type:

$ sudo rpm -Uvh Zope-2.X.X.rpm
$ mkzopeinstance ~/instance

But going forward we'd have the problem of multiple Zope versions on the
same machine.. to which one would "mkzopeinstance" belong, or would we
name one "mkzopeinstance27" and the other "mkzopeinstance28"?

Like I said, I might be tempted to just punt and leave the binaries in
the software home bin dir.