[Zope] Re: silva, xmlwidgets, parsedxml

Passin, Tom tpassin@mitretek.org
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 13:51:53 -0400

[ garry saddington]

> I have tried some more ways which you suggest. Copying=20
> _xmlplus to /zope/bin=20
> does not work. Renaming it to xml in /zope/bin does not work. Putting=20
> _xmlplus into /zope/lib/python did not work. Renaming it to xml in=20
> /zope/lib/python does work. I test it by starting zope and=20
> seeing whether=20
> ther are any error messages regarding parsedxml, xmlwidgets=20
> or silva. In all=20
> cases i delete the .pyc and .pyo files before starting zope to test.
> I can only use silva if the _xmlplus file is renamed to xml=20
> and placed in=20
> /zope/lib/python.
>=20

It may work differently on *nix than on Windows, but I am still
concerned with renaming it.  Can you run the Python interpreter in your
Zope installation and have it display the Python path? E.g.

>>import sys
>>from pprint import pprint
>>pprint(sys.path)

This will show whether any of the directories you tried putting the
_xmlplus directory were on the path.  Especially find out where the
standard Python "xml" package is located (before you messed with the
PyXML one).  I think you want to put the PyXML package earlier on the
Python path than the standard xml library.  That will allow Python to
use it to everride the standard xml library, which is what you want to
happen.

Cheers,

Tom P