[Zope] Newbie - passing a list to an External Method

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
22 Apr 2003 10:19:02 -0700

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 09:21, Ashley Lloyd wrote:
> Having just arrived home from work, I don't have code that I could paste,
> and I am not entirely certain what you mean, so I'll try to explain the best
> I can.

Perhaps it would be best to take this up again tomorrow when you can do
additional testing.

> In dtml the dtml method calling the external method function, it is called
> with the 2 parameters I listed in the dtml-let previously.

Right

> In the function definition in the actual python module (in the Extensions
> folder), the self parameter is now the first parameter listed, so:
> def run(self, fileID, lines)

OK.

> After changing this, I just clicked save changes in the ZMI screen for the
> External Method

Why?  Did anything change?  Nothing should have changed here.

> I don't know of anywhere else I should have defined the parameters, so
> hopefully that is about it.

That should be it.

> Regarding the advice on function names, thank you for that. Of course it
> makes perfect sense, and should be obvious to anyone with some sense!

It's not usually obvious until it causes a problem.  Such errors can be
very hard to track down and you'll never forget the experience once
you've had it.  :-)

Dylan