[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] What do we want in the way of Zope binary distributions?

Nathan 'Nato' Uno Nathan.Uno@hostway.com
22 Apr 2003 15:09:43 -0500

Apologies if this is a little late...

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 09:37, Toby Dickenson wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 April 2003 3:25 pm, Chris McDonough wrote:
>
> > I'd like to propose that ZC drops the "generic" Linux binary distribution
> > in favor of an RPM distribution that would be "guaranteed" to run on
> > the latest Red Hat release or the one before it, but might also work on
> > Mandrake, etc.
>
> I may volunteer for updating the gentoo ebuild.... Anyone else using gentoo
> linux here?

We're using a lot of gentoo internally here - up-to-date gentoo ebuilds
would be *greatly* appreciated.

> > Comments?

Along the lines of gentoo ebuilds - if you're going to provide RPMs,
could you provide the Source RPM as well?  That makes the RPM more
widely usable...

--
Nathan 'Nato' Uno
Zope Developer