[Zope] Newbie - passing a list to an External Method

Ashley Lloyd ashleylloyd@hotmail.com
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 13:51:12 +0100

Chris,
thanks again for your help, although I'm not sure I know exactly what you
mean (my stupidity as opposed to anything else!).

There is very little to this External Method:

def run(self)
   REQUEST = self.REQUEST
   fileID = REQUEST.fileId
   lines = REQUEST.lines

   import sping.stringformat
   from sping.PDF import PDFCanvas
   from sping.PS import PSCanvas
   filename="c:/zopepdf/"+fileID
   canvas = PDFCanvas(size=(350,200), name=filename)
   y = 20
# return lines works fine here
   for line in lines: # this is the line where the error is reported.
# print line here also generates the same __getitem__ AttributeError
       sping.stringformat.drawString(canvas, line, 10,y)
       y = y + 20
   canvas.flush()
   canvas.save()
# If trying to print line I try returning printed here instead
   return fileID

I don't know what other debugging I can do, so would be grateful for
suggestions. Again, if I define, or over-write the lines variable inside the
External Method, (ie lines=[], lines.append ...) then it works fine, its
just when it retrieves lines from request, or it is passed as a parameter.

Cheers

Ashley

Hotmail messages direct to your mobile phone http://www.msn.co.uk/mobile