[Zope] Restart causes "Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 98, in publish"

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 21:43:16 +0200

Jimmy wrote at 2003-4-23 15:40 -0400:
 > I am new to the whole zope world, so I'm sorry if this is a real newbie
 > question.  :)
 >
 > I have zope setup and everything seems to be working OK.  except for 2
 > things.  Someone developed a zope product that I installed on the server
 > that produces errors and in the control panel when I try to restart the
 > zope server I get an error page.
 > When I check the error log, I get this traceback when I try to restart:
 >
 > Traceback (innermost last):
 >   Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 98, in publish
 >   Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
 >   Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
 >   Module App.ApplicationManager, line 327, in manage_restart
 >   Module zLOG, line 130, in LOG
 >   Module ZLogger.ZLogger, line 16, in log_write
 >   Module ZLogger.stupidFileLogger, line 27, in __call__
 >   Module ZLogger.stupidFileLogger, line 90, in stupid_log_write
 > IOError: [Errno 5] Input/output error

Something wants to write a log message and cannot (because the
standard output has been closed in the meantime).

Activate logging (--> doc/LOGGING.txt) and the problem will go away.

Dieter