[Zope] upgrades and stability

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:40:48 -0400

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 11:23:55AM -0700, Dennis Allison wrote:
> If we are going to migrate to another Zope release, now would be a good
> time.  What advice would you give.  Zope 2.6.1 would be the obvious choice
> although if Zope 2.7.X will be released soon it might be another
> possibility.
>
> Any advice?  hidden gotchas?  release schedule intelligence?

One big hidden gotcha with 2.6.1:  DON'T PACK YOUR FILESTORAGE.
there is a known bug that can cause data loss. As if to add insult to
injury, the fsrecover.py that ships with 2.6.1 does not work.
I got fsrecover.py from current CVS (2.6 branch) and it seems to work
OK.

on zodb-dev list there has been talk of releasing a Zope 2.6.2 to address
some of the zodb problems. No release date mentioned.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com