[Zope] Network Appliances NetCache vs. Squid

Mon, 28 Apr 2003 15:05:41 +0100

On Monday 28 April 2003 2:19 pm, Marc Burgauer wrote:

> I know that it is a popular way of acceleration. One of the things I just
> noticed is that a problem is maybe coming from the fact, that on my machine
> a single python process has to deal with all the requests.

A single process, but multiple threads. What problem are you seeing?

>  Is there an easy
> way to give a site multiple processes to server the same site?

Use ZEO, and just start two Zope processes. Squid can distribute load between
them using ICP.

http://www.zope.org/Members/htrd/icp/intro

--
Toby Dickenson