[Zope] FreeBSD port status?

george donnelly list@zettai.net
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 20:40:46 +0000

[Reinoud van Leeuwen wrote (reinoud.v@n.leeuwen.net) on 4/28/03 10:26 PM]

> I am using Zope on FreeBSD. I am waiting until the FreeBSD port will be
> updated to 2.6.1. (it still is 2.6.0). I mailed the port maintainer but I
> never got reply. Does anyone here know why it is not maintained? (and the
> same for the plone port?)

I run Zope from source (no ports) on FreeBSD 4.7 and have had zero problems.
If you want to run Plone or possibly ZWiki on freebsd though, you'll have to
patch the python from ports to increase the stack size.

I would venture to guess that they're maintained bc they're not terribly
necessary? also linux seems to be the platform of choice for most
zopatistas.

hth :)

<-->
george donnelly - http://www.zettai.net/ - "We Love Newbies" :)
Zope Hosting - Dynamic Website Design - Search Engine Promotion
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet - MSN: zettainet@hotmail.com - ICQ: 51907738