[Zope] ftp to zope db

J Cameron Cooper jccooper@jcameroncooper.com
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 14:50:58 -0500

>I have redhat linux with zope server on it, i have a huge directory in
>my home directory
>(/home/jzhu/mydir and i have root right). mydir contain html ( one of
>them if main.html)files and
>data files. how can I ftp (or cp) mydir to zope database so that i can
>see it with http://myweb.com:8080/projects/mydir/main.html
>?

Zope can, as you suspect, act like an FTP server (and a WebDAV server).
You'll have to make sure it's given the FTP server switch (with port) in
the start script. Then FTP as normal. If it doesn't work, check your
permissions.

There are other ways, too. Aside from LocalFS and friends, there's also
the load_site.py script that came with your Zope installation (probably
in the 'utilities' directory).

          --jcc