[Zope] Decisions, decisions! Which Python for Zope 2.6.2b5

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Sun Aug 3 18:29:35 EDT 2003

The installation notes still say Python 2.1.3.

Rumor has it that you can run under Python 2.2 but it's not recommended.
In fact, the docs say explicitly not to use it.

I have been using Python 2.3 through the beta period and like it--the
new language features have quickly become part of my programming lexicon.

Zope 2.7 is not ready for prime time use on a production site.  As I
remember, it will require Python 2.3.

I'm setting up a production site where stability and performance are
important.

Whould I use Python 2.1.3 or Python 2.3?
I am planning to use Zope 2.6.2b5.  We've been doing our development
against 2.6.2b3 and have found it to be stable.