[Zope] CacheManager missing in 2.6.2b4 :-(

Geir Bækholt Geir Bækholt <lists@elvix.com>
Tue Aug 5 12:54:41 EDT 2003

On  Tue, 05 Aug 2003 12:40:44 +0100 GMT (..13:40 where i live(GMT+2) )
Chris Withers asked the Zope mailinglist about the following:
 =20
> Hi,

> I introduced a cache manager on http://www.bay-c.co.uk to cache the pag=
e=20
> templates that generate the two lower boxes in the right column, sincet=
hese=20
> don't change very often.

> When I first did this, all worked amazingly well.

> However, I just checked the cache manger stats page today and I'm getti=
ng 25=20
> misses per hit, not very good at all :-( To boot, there are 193 entries=
 in the=20
> cache for a method that doesn't change, and they're taking up 350kb of =
RAM for=20
> no good reason.

What REQUEST variables have you set for the cache manager ?
It wil store one entry for each unique combination of REQUEST
variables defined for the cache manager.

so.. if you leave it at the default "AUTHENTICATED_USER" each user
will have his own version stored..

If the methods are truly non-changing, leave that box all empty :)

--
Geir B=E6kholt