[Zope] CacheManager missing in 2.6.2b4 :-(

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue Aug 5 15:57:47 EDT 2003

Jamie Heilman wrote:
> Did you define a non-empty set of request variables?

Nope, I got a empty check box...

> method.  Is the method a page template?  RAM Cache Managers are lousy
> at caching page templates because page templates store data in their
> keywords which can change as the memory usage of your zope process
> changes and python re-orders things.

Ah, these are page templates, but I never used to haev this problem.
What do you mean by "page templates store data in their keywords"?
I would have thought that ram cache menagers would just cache the result of the
call, which should be a string, right?

> Its probably just reflective of some of the design choices behind RAM
> Cache Manager.  I wrote a diatribe on caching 2 months ago, check it:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=zope&m=105460381811223&w=2

That link was pretty slow, in fact it times out. Anywhere I can read
aforementioned diatribe?

cheers,

Chris