[Zope] (solved) cannot add ZClass instances

Marcus Bergmann marcus.bergmann at isst.fhg.de
Thu Aug 7 18:42:41 EDT 2003

Marcus Bergmann wrote:
> Dieter Maurer wrote:
>
>> Marcus Bergmann wrote at 2003-7-22 18:56 +0200:
>>  > I run a new 2.6.1 version and imported the user directories and the
>> STX  > Document product from an old 2.5.0 version (via export/import
>> not  > copying the data.fs).
>>  > The existing STX and RSTX Documents are ok. I can view and edit
>> them.  > But I can't add new STX or RSTX Documents.
>>  > Has anyone an idea what I'm doing wrong?
>>  >  > This is the traceback:
>>  >  > Traceback (innermost last):
>>  >    Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 98, in publish
>>  >    Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
>>  >    Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
>>  >    Module OFS.DTMLMethod, line 126, in __call__
>>  >    Module DocumentTemplate.DT_String, line 474, in __call__
>>  >    Module DocumentTemplate.DT_With, line 61, in render
>>  >    Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Util, line 201, in eval
>>  >     - __traceback_info__: REQUEST
>>  >    Module <string>, line 2, in f
>>  > NameError: global name 'STX_Document' is not defined
>>
>> With what URL is the request made that results in this traceback?
>

> I use the pull-down-list of Zope to add these objects.
>

>> What is the DTMLMethod used in this request.
>>

>> It looks as if the products above were ZClasses.
>> Export/Import breaks inheritance between ZClasses when
>> base and derived class live in different products.
>

> Yes, the product is a ZClass. I imported it into the 'Products' Folder
> inside the 'Control_Panel'.
> It seems I have the problem in general. I just imported the ZSiteMap
> product which comes as a .zexp file, but I cannot add the new objects. I
> get the same message:
>
> NameError: global name 'ZSiteMapNode' is not defined (Also, an error
> occurred while attempting to render the standard error message.)
>
> After some restarts of the Zope server it worked temporarely. Do you
> have an idea?

The problem seems to be solved. It was depending on my browser.
I use Netsacpe 7 and managed my Zope in different tabs. Zope told me I
was logged in as a user with the manager role. I was able to see the
management interface, but as I wanted to add ZClass instances of
installed products it failed, because I had the anonymous role.

Marcus