[Zope] Can't build resource file for PCGI on Zope 2.7b1

Aguido Horatio Davis horatio at qpsf.edu.au
Mon Aug 11 19:03:14 EDT 2003

G'day,

I am installing Zope on a server whose only Python is 2.3 and which is
already running Apache on port 80. Port 80 is the only one that is permitted
through our local firewalls, a small but significant percentage of the
audience are outside the firewall, and the system administrator (who isn't
me) refuses point-blank to permit the use of mod_fastcgi or mod_proxy.

So I'm trying to build Zope 2.7b1 with PCGI support. When the dust settles
on the "make build; make install" there is no Zope.cgi to be seen. The file
doc/WEBSERVERS.txt has the intriguing sentence:

  To install PCGI, please get the PCGI support package from XXX, and
  read the pcgi/README.txt file from that package.

and then blithely describes what to do once you _have_ a Zope.cgi file to
play with.

Can anybody point me at the mysterious XXX, or failing that, tell me how to
coerce Zope 2.7 into coughing up a Zope.cgi file?

Cheers,

Horatio