[Zope] newbie problems with zope in debian/testing

Jonas Meurer jonas at freesources.org
Mon Aug 11 16:37:36 EDT 2003

* Michele Bendazzoli <mickymouse at mickymouse.it> [ 03/08/11]:
> > that all looked to me like zope package wasn't very stable and hard to
> > configure. but maybe i simply choosed the most complicated way of
> > installing zope and other ways are much easier.
>
> I use unstable but the error appear to be thata zopectl create
> instance_name doesn't work. Instead to create the defaul instance I have
> to use simply "zopectl create".

zope in testing and unstable are the same releases, so should be same
install.

> After this all work fine (the default port is 9673 so to login you have
> to type http://localhost:9673).

mh, after 'zope create' and answering the debconf questions, i got at
the following at fetching http://localhost:9673/:
 Site Error
   struct.error
   Sorry, a site error occurred.
   Traceback (innermost last):
     * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 150, in publish_module
     * Module Products.Localizer, line 58, in new_publish
     * Module Zope.App.startup, line 149, in zpublisher_exception_hook
     * Module ZODB.Connection, line 509, in setstate
     * Module ZODB.FileStorage, line 650, in load
     * Module ZODB.FileStorage, line 628, in _load
   error: unpack str size does not match format

any suggestions or debugging ideas?

bye
 mejo