[Zope] Documentation on External Interface to ZoDB

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Tue Aug 12 21:55:01 EDT 2003

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 03:25:07PM -0700, Roy Rapoport wrote:
> Until Paul gets around to implementing disparate directory syncing in
> zsyncer, I'd love to put together a temporary script that will simply export
> a given 'directory' on a Zope server and then import it elsewhere on a
> different Zope server.
>
> For this, I'll need to figure out how to externally interface to the ZoDB.
> I'm assuming there's a Python module to do this.

you basically just described zsyncer!
It does an export (in memory) and then uses
xml-rpc to import the stuff on the remote server.

If you're capable of implementing the above, you're certainly capable
of modifying zsyncer to do what you want.  I suspect that 90% of the
work for the feature you want would consist of figuring out how to handle
the UI.  The actual code you need to change will probably be
a couple of lines. I can try to answer any questions you may have
about the code.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com