[Zope] How to do a simple form?

Geir Bækholt lists at elvix.com
Wed Aug 13 13:12:30 EDT 2003

On  Wed, 13 Aug 2003 12:55:29 +0300 GMT
Ilpo Nyyssönen asked the Zope mailinglist about the following:

> I need to do simple forms with zope. The forms are used to do simple
> queries, such as getting volunteers for organizing an event. The need
> is just to get a text file that contains the field names and values.

> I know how to do the rest, but the problem is where to store the data?
> (And the data is just the values entered to those forms, no other
> assumptions.)

The simple way would be to store it in the ZODB. If you need a really
quick solution, you can just makenew folder-objects with attributes, or
dtml-documents with the form-values as content.

i think there is a guestbook or something similar in the
basic examples provided with a fresh installation of Zope that works
this way.

Instantiating objects programatically should be documented in the API
reference
http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/AppendixB.stx

If you need more specific custom objects, you could try Zclasses, or
making a simple python product.

--
Geir Bækholt