[Zope] catalog search on a lines property?

Mark Nenadov mark at freelance-developer.com
Wed Aug 13 13:30:49 EDT 2003

Hello all,

I'm working with a zclass that has a 'lines' property (for the sake of
discussion, it will be called 'listing_cats').

The lines property is a list of numbers (which are id's). I want to go
through my Catalog and find all objects that have a list_cats that
contains a given id (lets say 4928 for example). For my examples, the id
will be called 'current_id'.

I've tried two things:

#1:
set 'listing_cats' to current_id
then proceed with the dtml-in Catalog

and

perform a Catalog.searchResults(listing_cats=current_id)

Neither of these worked. I'm using a KeywordIndex on my lines object. I
kind of expected #1 not to work, but I am suprised that #2 didn't work.

Any ideas on how I can do a search on the lines property like I
mentioned?

~Mark