[Fwd: [Zope] Sessions between domains]

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Aug 13 21:27:18 EDT 2003

Please stay on the list....

Ben Bush wrote at 2003-8-12 14:55 -0600:
 > How do you get the session data in the new domain? I am not sure how to
 > do this piece?

As all domains are run in the same Zope (farm), there is no need
to get the session data around, just the session key.

What I proposed only works for explicit links from one to another
domain. The session key is contained in these links.
They are created with "URLPATH*" and an appropriate server prefix.

 > Dieter Maurer wrote:
 > > Ben Bush wrote at 2003-8-12 09:13 -0600:
 > >  > I am wondering how others have solved this problem. Are people using
 > >  > cookies between the 2 sites (I would like to avoid this) or are people
 > >  > writing this info to a database? Any help would be much appreciated.
 > >
 > > We serve several domains by the same (farm of) Zope instance.
 > >
 > > We avoid cookies (mainly because some customers disable them)
 > > and code session ids in the URL. Thus, we can transfer
 > > session information between domains (in a restricted way only, of course).

Dieter