[Zope] More TextIndexNG at Plone

Juan Manuel Ruiz García juanma at mailmadrid.com
Fri Aug 15 15:37:05 EDT 2003

Hi,

now that I've TextIndexNG running on my Plone, I've replaced
TextIndex-SearchableText index with a TextIndexNG called also SearchableText
(at portal_catalog) but... what attributes should be indexed? (data?)

I have several mssword docs uploaded to my plone site, but when I try to
make a search, no results are returned.. is there anything more I should do?
I've enabled converters when I define the TextIndexNG index, but I don't
know if this is enough.

Please, help me. Andreas, I'm sorry about making so many newbie-questions,
but I'm really lost with all of this.

Just one thing: I think it's legal to redistribute the msvcr71.dll, it's a
library needed if you create an application with MS Visual Studio - it don't
make sense if you develope one application but you cannot distribute files
it depends on...

Indexed attributes data
Default encoding iso-8859-15
Stemmer spanish
Splitter: casefolding enabled
Splitter: index single characters disabled
Splitter: max. length of splitted words 64
Splitter: separator characters .+-_@
Default query parser PyQueryParser
Stopwords  spanish
Normalizer None