Fw: Re: [Zope] startup error

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Aug 15 21:21:26 EDT 2003

Michael Long wrote at 2003-8-14 16:12 -0400:
 > Now I am really confused. What part of the "try...except...else" logic
 > is failing to get the error message.
 >
 > CODE SNIPPET:
 >
 >   try:
 >     # Try to use custom storage
 >       m=imp.find_module('custom_zodb',[getConfiguration().instancehome])
 >   except:
 > RESULTING ERROR MESSAGE:
 >
 > Traceback (most recent call last):
 >  File "/opt/zope/lib/python/Zope/App/startup.py", line 52, in startup
 >    m=imp.find_module('custom_zodb',[INSTANCE_HOME])
 > ImportError: No module named custom_zodb

When you look carefully, you will see that the traceback
does not come from the above mentioned code snippet
as the exception raising line is similar but not identical.

Identify the true exception raising line and check whether there is
a "try: ... except: ..." around.

By the way: your code snippet indicates very recent code
while the traceback indicates much older code.
Maybe, your Zope loads Python modules from an unanticipated
place.

Dieter