[Zope] Drilling into second-level object properties

Dan Shafer dan at shafermedia.com
Sun Aug 17 22:58:00 EDT 2003

This may just be a case of over-engineering. But I'd like to see if I
can learn how to fix this anyway.

I have a Zope application. When using it, people we call facilitators
create a new folder for a particular client interaction. Then as they
progress through the structured interaction, each phase creates a new
document whose only contents are a call to a DTML method that displays
objects' contents. Each of these documents has a set of properties
associated with it.

So the structure is:

Folder
   Document (with properties)
     <dtml method call>

Now, I need to write a routine that iterates over all the folders in a
given directory, examines the document called [caseID]info to determine
if one of its properties (coach_id) matches the name of the currently
AUTHENTICATED_USER. If so, display the folder as an HREF (that I have
working fine) and if not, skip it.

I keep running into syntactical issues. Dylan Reinhardt has already
switched me on  to the nearly undocumented prefix attribute of the
dtml-in construct, so I've at least gotten past that problem. But
drilling down another level in the object hierarchy is proving
syntactically...well...challenging.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.