[Zope] using ExternalFile and Plone

Lee J. McAllister ljmcallister at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 21 20:10:27 EDT 2003

Does anyone have any experience using the ExternalFile product in
conjunction with Plone?  I've successfully made some minor modifications to
it (added a few additional properties) and it works fine through the
management interface, however I need to allow my users to upload new
ExternalFiles without using the ZMI.

What appears to be happening is that when attempting to access the
manage_addObjectViaGui() function while not in the ZMI zope gives me a 404
error.  Since it works fine through the ZMI I'm guessing this is a
permissions issue?

I'd really appreciate any input or insights on this, it's a big part of a
co-op project I'm working on that's coming down to the wire.

Lee McAllister

ps:  thanks to all for the scripting tips the other day