[Zope] No module named _mysql

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Aug 24 01:06:25 EDT 2003

hpinson at indepthl.com wrote at 2003-8-22 11:12 -0600:
 > On a new RH9 linux server I am attempting to install ZMySQLDA Product
 > and am getting this error: "No module named _mysql"
 >
 > Prior to install of the Product I had added the mysql-python-0.9.2-
 > 1.i386.rpm sucessfully, per suggestions here.
 >
 > Any suggestions?

Do you run a binary Zope version?

Then, it does not look at the standard place for Python
(and its libary) but comes with its own Python version.

In this case, you must make "_mysql.so" available for
Zope's Python. It usually looks for its library in
"<zopedir>/lib/python*". Copy or symbolic link
"_mysql.so" thereto.

Dieter