[Zope] ZMySQLDA broken with Redhat 9?

Ron Bickers rbickers-expires-1062298949.1d51dc at logicetc.com
Sun Aug 24 00:04:03 EDT 2003

On 08/22/2003 6:56 PM, hpinson at indepthl.com wrote:

> Here's what is installed:
>
> (Zope 2.6.1 (binary release, python 2.1, linux2-x86), python 2.1.3,
> linux2)

> MySQL-python-0.9.2-1

How did you install MySQL-python-0.9.2?  It must be compiled with the
version of Python you're running Zope under and must be in a lib directory
where that Python can find it.

On RH9, I'm using the source version of Zope, the binary RPMs for Python
2.1.3 (available at python.org -- installed happily along side the Python
that comes with RH9), and I built the MySQL-python RPMs from the tarball
with something like this:

  # python2.1 setup.py bdist_rpm --python=python2.1

This will build with python2.1 and the RPM will install under
/usr/lib/python2.1.

I've never used the binary version of Zope, so I don't really know where
things need to go if you're going to use that.

> Getting MySQL and Zope to talk on Linux used to be so easy.  What am
> I doing wrong?

It's still easy... if you know what to do. ;-)

--
Ron Bickers
Logic Etc, Inc.