[Zope] specializing folders

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Aug 27 22:22:09 EDT 2003

Dennis Allison wrote at 2003-8-26 10:55 -0700:
 > I have a portion of a site which originally consisted of a single folder
 > with content.  In the reorganized site, this folder consists of a
 > collection of folders. For specificity, the structure looks like
 >
 >      +--A--+--A1
 >            +--A2
 >            +--A3
 >
 > Depending upon a parameter derivable from the HTTP_HOST name, I want
 > either A1, A2, A3, or ... to behave as if it were A to all the other
 > code in the site.  Of course, A1,A2,... should be able to hold code and/or
 > data.
 >
 > I would have though that some sort of local use of a VHM and or SiteAccess
 > would allow this, but I've been unable to make it work.  Any suggestions?
 > hints?

"SiteAccess" could easily handle HTTP requests.

It would fail for attribute and "[un]restrictedTraverse" access.
You will need deep magic to cheat for these cases.

You could have a look at Shane's "Symlink" product (be carefull,
it is dangerous, as it truely eliminates the distinction
between linker and object) or at my "Reference" product.

Both will need to be extended as they do not support
variable destinations. But this part should be easy.

Dieter