[Zope] Re: 2.7.0-b2 install failure (setup.py defect, I think)

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Thu Aug 28 10:47:50 EDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 12:13:51AM -0400, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:

| $ python2.3 setup.py install --prefix /usr/local/opt/zope-2.7.0-b2

| running build_scripts
| error: mkpath: 'name' must be a string (got None)

| The build succeeds but the install fails.  Is something wrong on my
| system or has the setup.py script changed in some way?

chrism kindly presented me with a cluestick off-list -- if I follow
the [configure - make - make install] process described in INSTALL.txt
instead of trying to use distutils directly then all is well.

-D

--
Yes, Java is so bulletproofed that to a C programmer it feels like being in a
straightjacket, but it's a really comfy and warm straightjacket, and the world

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/