[Zope] troubles using Zope/SSL without Apache

Dylan Reinhardt zope at dylanreinhardt.com
Mon Dec 1 16:15:11 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 11:25, Jim Abramson wrote:
{snip]
> Troubles began
> when we removed apache from the picture and started running requests directly from the LB to the server port Zope
> listens on.
[snip]
> ...what I can do to force Zope to properly set 'https' in the absolute links it generates?

There are a few different hacks for this... but you're better off going
back to using Apache as a reverse proxy.  If your data is sensitive
enough to encrypt, why not use a production-quality web server?

> Secondly, and I'm sure it's related, login functionality (the web-based one, not the http auth) in a Plone install on
> this Zope instance has stopped working correctly. Any tips on that are greatly appreciated as well.

If it's still available, I'd take a look at your old Apache vhost
configuration and see what it is you aren't doing any more.  Better yet,
just turn Apache back on. :-)

HTH,

Dylan