[Zope] Re: FYI: Epoz 0.7 - the XHTML-release

Gabriel Wicke groups at gabrielwicke.de
Mon Dec 1 17:33:51 EST 2003

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 18:27:45 +0100, Maik Jablonski wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> many people asked for XHTML-support in good old Epoz... and so I decided
> to do it. Epoz produces now clean and nice XHTML for IE and Mozilla. You
> only need to install mxTidy for Python (download at
> http://www.lemburg.com/files/python/mxTidy.html) besides Epoz.

Hi,

i've installed 0.7 and the output is great! I've converted the mxTidy rpm
to debs, i can post them somewhere if there's interest.

I have a problem with longer tables on latest mozilla firebird
(linux) snapshot. I have a table with about 70 rows and 14 colums. It's
valid xhtml, i ran it through tidy --asxhtml and validated using the w3c
checker. When i try to edit the table it loads fine, but whenever it
switches to html source (manually or on save) it cuts off anything below
the sixth row. Without looking at the code i would guess it has something
to do with some conversion/checking/indenting going on with a variable
that can't handle the amount of data or a timeout (firebird is not very
fast in js).

In IE 6.0 it works fine, haven't checked IE 5.5 yet.

Any ideas?

I'm not shure if this is unique to 0.7, it didn't catch me before, though.

Cheers

Gabriel