[Zope] Epoz 0.7.1 released - critical bug fix for 0.7.0

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Dec 2 02:25:11 EST 2003

Hi to all,

I've just released Epoz 0.7.1 - a critical bug fix for all people who
installed Epoz 0.7.0 (the XHTML-release of Epoz).

What is Epoz?

  Epoz is a cross-browser-wysiwyg-editor for Zope and Plone. It works
out of the box with InternetExplorer >= 5.5, Mozilla >= 1.3, Firebird >=
0.7 and other "Gecko"-based browsers with a recent engine.

Is Epoz now XHTML-compatible?

  Yes, it is. It uses the mxTidy-module (download
http://www.lemburg.com/files/python/mxTidy.html) over XMLRPC to
transform the HTML to XHTML on the fly. There was a severe bug in the
3.party-vcXMLRPC-modul which resulted in Mozilla truncating the XHTML to
4096 characters, so please upgrade if you installed Epoz 0.7.0 or data
may be lost.

Can I see a demo?

  http://www.zfl.uni-bielefeld.de/personal/mjablonski/epoz/

Where can I download Epoz?

  http://www.zope.org/Members/mjablonski/Epoz/

What are the changes in the 0.7.x-release?

  0.7.0

   - added support for mxTidy to produce nice and valid xhtml-code.

   - added site-hook EpozPostTidy, so you can change the output of Epoz
with an additional script / external method. Useful if you want
to clean up or rewrite (absolute) links etc.pp.

   - added missing language support for Plone.

  0.7.1

   - fixed critical bug: Mozilla truncated contents to
4096 bytes received from EpozTidy over XMLRPC
due to a bug in the string-code of the vcXMLRPC-library.

   - fixed critical bug: if mxTidy found errors in html,
an empty document was returned to Epoz. JavaScript-alert
informs the user about critical errors in document.

And what is this thing with Epoz 0.x and Epoz 1.x?

  There's an ongoing effort on http://sf.net/projects/epoz to develop a
next generation of Epoz (1.x), based on new ideas and on a new design.
Guido Wesdorp, Philipp von Weitershausen and Paul Everitt have done a
great job working on Epoz (1.x). The developement of the original Epoz
(0.x) will continue because I run several applications which I can't
easily update to Epoz (1.x) in the near future.

Keep zoped,

Maik Jablonski
--
German Zope User Group / Deutsche Zope User Group
http://www.dzug.org/

Zope-Announce maillist  -  Zope-Announce at zope.org

  Zope-Announce for Announcements only - no discussions

(Related lists -
Users: http://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope