[Zope] Q1: tal + image

Goldthwaite, Joe joe at goldthwaites.com
Tue Dec 2 12:58:54 EST 2003

I'm going to try and answer this since I owe a debt and like to pay my
debts.

The Page Template tags are less powerful than DTML by design.  The idea is
to force the separation of logic and presentation.  Because it's limited,
you keep all the difficult logic out of the presentation and keep it in the
back where it belongs.  Designing this way gives you more flexibility when
moving to different platforms or presentation methods.

The added benefit of ZPT is that the tag structure is ignored by external
HTML editing tools.

Joe Goldthwaite