[Zope] Developing customer customizable products

Petter Holmström petter.holmstrom at abo.fi
Fri Dec 5 05:50:46 EST 2003

Greetings everybody,

I've tried to find some information on this subject by using Google,
with no success. Therefore I ask it here, and if I've selected the wrong
mailing list please let me know and accept my appologies.

I need to develop a Zope product whose logic-part is to be left
untouched but whose presentation parts (DTML methods, etc.) should be
customizable. I'll give a little example to clearify:

Let's say I write a guestbook product. This product has a default user
interface which means that I can, if I wish, just add a guestbook
product to the customer's folder and that's it. Unfortunately we're
seldom that lycky. Perhaps the customer wants the guestbook in another
language, or "embedded" into his/her original website. To do this I'll
have to override the default presentation pages somehow.
The management screens can stay as they were.
What is the best approach?

Thanks in advance,

-Petter-

--