[Zope] PCGI - what's it do

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Fri Dec 5 11:31:04 EST 2003

David,

If you are (as I would be) mostly concerned about the :8080 URL
showing up (or worse, users having to type it) when you access
this Zope site, and especially if you want to embed it in a larger
site, there *is* a trick.

You can create an HTML page on the inaccessible server which
is a "frames" document with only one frame that takes up the
whole page.  Use the real page from your Zope server (including
the :8080 port #) as the content page for that frame.

I considered using this as a way to integrate an intereactive
help desk type site into an existing (fixed and highly regulated)
organizational webpage.  I might even still use it (but I'm leaving
that post anyway, so it may not be my decision).

It's sort of an ugly concept, but I think it would work.

Cheers,
Terry