[Zope] Re: PCGI - what's it do

Gregory Dudek dudek at cim.mcgill.ca
Fri Dec 5 14:27:35 EST 2003

>> There are
>> significant
>> reasons for wanting to run zope and apache in combination,
>
> This isn't a special case. IMO, you should *always* put something in
> front of Zope in a production environment.

Just to be explicit for the benefit of the ongoing discussion thread,
PCGi is obviously just one option (which I still have reasons for
liking personally).  Using port
8080 inside a frame is a really ugly one, IMHO, and only suitable if
you are
really in a rush.  Some people might use lynx or otherwise dislike
frames, and the
direct 8080 port will still be exposed.

FastCGI is another option which, I presume, is what Zope 2.7 is
implicitly suggesting
as the preferred substitute for PCGI (it's been there a long time, of
course).