[Zope] Apache2 mod_proxy question

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Sat Dec 6 00:37:23 EST 2003

Hi all,

Finally switched to Apache2, and predictably enough it broke my setup. I
use name-based virtual hosts, I define some handy directories for
non-Zope stuff, and then I stick in some ProxyPass statements to pass
the remaining requests into Zope. Example:
<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAdmin webmaster at monkeynoodle.org
    DocumentRoot /var/www/monkeynoodle
    ServerName www.monkeynoodle.org
        ServerAlias monkeynoodle.org www.monkeynoodle.org
felix.monkeynoodle.org
        CustomLog logs/monkeynoodle-log combined
        ServerSignature Email
        <Directory "/var/www/monkeynoodle">
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
        ErrorDocument 404 /cgi-bin/error_404.cgi
        </Directory>
        Alias /manual/ "/var/www/manual/"
        <Directory /var/www/manual/>
        AllowOverride None
        order deny,allow
        deny from all
        allow from 198.144.201.9 127.0.0.1 192.168.1.1
        </Directory>
   <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
        RewriteEngine on
        RewriteLog "/var/log/httpd/monkeynoodle-rewrite_log"
        RewriteLogLevel 1
        # Send the worms back home
        RewriteRule ^.*\.(exe|ida|dll).* http://127.0.0.1/$1
    </IfModule>
    <IfModule mod_proxy.c>
        # Zope-related statements
        ProxyPass / http://192.168.1.1:9673/mn/
        ProxyPassReverse / http://192.168.1.1:9673/mn/
        ProxyPass /misc_ http://192.168.1.1:9673/misc_
        ProxyPass /p_ http://192.168.1.1:9673/p_
    </IfModule>
</VirtualHost>

Since upgrading, Zope continues to work, but all the other directory
configuration is ignored.

Just asking here since I know there's a lot of proxypass users, I'll
post the answer if I find it first.
--
Jack at Monkeynoodle Dot Org: It's A Scientific Venture...