[Zope] TextIndexNG2.04

FNk fnkunda at africamuseum.be
Tue Dec 9 10:49:31 EST 2003

Hi All,

We have some problems with TextIndexNG2.04 on linux Zope 2.6.2, Plone 1.05

If we catalog some file like objects (we have custom made objects extending
File (portal-file)), with a .pdf extension in the id of the file, the
following error occurs (in zope console debug mode):

Error: May not be a PDF file (continuing anyway)

Error (0): PDF file is damaged - attempting to reconstruct xref table...

Error: Couldn't find trailer dictionary

Error: Couldn't read xref table

. And the object is not catalogued (nothing in the Searchable text).

Now, if we rename the file to another name without the extension .pdf, the
metadata of the object gets catalogued but not the pdf file itself

Does anybody have an idea? Any workaround ?

-- Fnk

P.S.

Our config for the index:

Indexed attributes

SearchableText

Default encoding

iso-8859-15

Stemmer

disabled

Splitter: casefolding

enabled

Splitter: index single characters

disabled

Splitter: max. length of splitted words

64

Splitter: separator characters

.+-_@

Default query parser

PyQueryParser

Autoexpansion

enabled (Limit: 4)

Stopwords

english

Normalizer

None

Use converters

enabled

Near distance

 1   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  1

Left truncation

enabled