[Zope] Invalidating object(s) in the Zope RAM Cache

Elfyn McBratney elfyn at ABCtales.com
Wed Dec 10 11:50:07 EST 2003

Hi,

Sorry in advance if this should go to another list.

Some background:  We have built a content management system on top of Zope
Products (incl. CMF) and a custom product for storing the actual content.
Because our site is quite large, has a lot of visitors, and gets many,
many requests per day, we have a Zope RAM cache set-up to "lighten the
load".

Generally speaking, the cache saves us, as most of our content isn't
sticky, and when edits are made, the cache has normally been invalidated.
However some of our content, like article indexes, need to be as
up-to-date as possible and the cache is getting in the way.

So, the question is:  Is there a way that I can invalidate an object from
the Zope RAM cache using the Zope API?  I did have a brief look in some of
the available docs, but didn't find anything...

Cheers,
Elfyn

--
Elfyn McBratney, ABCtales