[Zope] Re: Traversing question

Evan Simpson evan at 4-am.com
Mon Dec 15 12:34:18 EST 2003

fowlertrainer at anonym.hu wrote:
>   I have to all requests are handled by only one method/zpt.
[...]
> but it have failed.

That's fortunate, since you'd be locking yourself out of the ZMI.  It's
not enough to pass '/manage', since that's just a frameset through which
you view '/manage_main' and many other URLs (depending on what you're
doing in the ZMI).

If at all possible, make the Rule conditional on the SERVER_NAME
instead, so that you can directly access everything in your site from
"http://admin.example.com/manage" or similar while people who visit
"http://www.example.com/" are affected by the Rule.

Finally, the problem that is preventing your Rule from working is the
following line:

 >  TraversalRequestNameStack=['index_html']

...which should be like this instead:

rq['TraversalRequestNameStack'][:]=['index_html']

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am