[Zope] Remove (version) locked resource

Gabriel Genellina gagenellina at softlab.com.ar
Mon Dec 15 21:41:02 EST 2003

At 16/12/2003 14:31, you wrote:

>I created a version object to test out this functioality, made changes to
>some objects etc. However, perhaps I didn't have 'cookies' configured
>properly, but some versioned changes were published on the save command and
>others were not. I tried to backout of what I had done using the 'Undo'
>feature, but it seems that I have created a right old mess now!

Which Zope version? There was an horrible bug in FileStorage (fixed on Zope
2.6.2): when committing a version, most objects belonging to it remained
locked, but the version itself was later unavailable.
If this is the case, unfortunately your Data.fs is corrupt, and I dont know
of any tool to repair it (should be a specific tool to repair this
problema, fsrecover won't do anything). You should upgrade your Zope
version and restore an old backup...
Then, don't use versions and save yourself a headache...

Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL