[Zope] persistent form variables and user login

cheng saimun saimun at email.com
Sun Dec 21 07:50:34 EST 2003

Right now, i would like to solve some doubts in this area. I have a
few folders eg.  folders A, B, C ) in my website and each folder has an
acl_users folder storing the users allowed to access the particular
folder. Also I have a acl_users folder at my root to contain all the users
which i have registered for this website. Yes, the users in this acl_users
folder are the users in A,B ,C. Using cookiecrumbler, i have a login form
for the user to login by checking against this acl_users at root.

My questions lie here:
1. After logging in, the user will click on the link ( which is
folder A), which contains a form which the authorized user can select
the conditions and save this report.

2. I understand that using ZODB (outside of zope framework) can do the job in storing the variables. But how do I associate this user with the variables? What is the code used to find out what the login user at folder A is?

3. It seems that using zodb, that's very few how-tos within the zope framework itself especially when i need to do a persistent data storing for a user.