[Zope] Return a image instance from script

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Tue Dec 23 12:58:16 EST 2003

Hi Christoph,

Christoph Landwehr wrote:
[...]

>> It depends on what you want to do with it.
>

> I want to pass a file object to an external method to use PIL. Since I
> can not use StringIO within Zope I need to pass an appropriate object to
> the external method and do the StringIO in the external method.

Maybe you want to have a look at the Photo product. It already uses
PIL or Imagemagick depending on configuration. I bet you can
easy strip it down to whatever you want to do with it.
Recent PIL does not even need StringIO and stuff. You can also
pass in a string with image data.

Regards
Tino Wildenhain