[Zope] Dynamic Metafile for All Players (Using MP3)

KJZZ Webmaster kjzz.webmaster at riomail.maricopa.edu
Wed Dec 24 09:25:03 EST 2003

I just put into production a process for dealing with MP3 audio in Zope
which (while it does not read the id3 tag) does support the most common
media players in the most common browsers.

If anyone is interested and would like to download the prototype of the
code for zope, you can download the .zexp file here:

  http://jtsitedesigns.freezope.org/mediafolders/

(They do not allow audio on the freezope servers, nor do they have the ExtFile

product installed, so this is not functional. But it will get you in the
ballpark).

I would like to post this on the Zope.org site as a Zope product, or distribute
this as a .Zexp file, but I am new to creating products from scratch in
Zope and am a bit unsure as to the best way to go.  If anyone is interested
in helping to develop this, please let me know.

Additionally, if you would like to see how this works on a live site, see:

  http://kjzz.org/news/arizona/archives/200401/legislatureends

Any feedback you might have for how this process works with a number of
browsers and players is more than welcome.

Thanks,

John T.