[Zope] Inconsistent _object contents

Michael Long mlong at datalong.com
Sun Dec 28 14:17:20 EST 2003

Hi,

Sorry for the incomplete posting. I hit the wrong hotkey :(

I have a product with an folderish object. When examining the contents of the
_objects attribute I see the following behavior when calling the following function
through the ZMI.

def test(self):
  """ """
  return self._objects

No items ==> nothing returned
1 *Folder* item ==> ({'meta_type': 'Folder', 'id': 'Folder'},)

2 *Folder* items ==> {'meta_type': 'Folder', 'id': 'folder1'}

3 *Folder* items ==> ({meta_type': 'Folder', 'id': 'Folder'}, {'meta_type':
'Folder', 'id': 'folder2'})

Is this correct behavior? If you delete all but one item _object will contain a
sequence of dictionaries instead of a dictionary only. Delete that last item and
start over and you will get the behavior shown above.

Environment:
    Windows XP Pro
    Zope 2.7.0-b3
    Python 2.3.2